Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just a Quiet Little Saturday

This will tell you how old I am. Mitch and I went on a date last night. We ate dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and we saw "The Wrestler." We did have a nice time but GOING OUT IS HARD!!!!! You have to have fun and you have to engage in interesting conversation and you have to stay awake... all after a week's worth of work and working out and taking care of little boys who are much too heavy to pick up anymore (I hurt my back again earlier this week).

Which leads me to today, Saturday. We are doing NOTHING! We are not going anywhere and we are not doing anything. I plan to sit on the floor today and let the little ones climb all over me. My house is getting torn apart but I do not care. I will clean it when I feel like it. I have to pay bills, but again, I'll do it when I feel like it. I'm tired of this snowy weather but am thankful to be living in Minnesota and not North Dakota. My parents have been pounded this winter season. The drifts around their house are getting taller than their house and that is NOT an exaggeration. They do not anticipate this snow melting away any time soon. Yuck!

I'm hoping to do a little non-school reading today and tonight. I finally found a book that holds my interest for more than five minutes- A Thousand Splendid Suns (author of The Kite Runner). I also ordered three other books that I'm hoping to have some time for (ha ha): The Book Theif, So Brave, Young, and Handsome, and Going After Cacciato. An English teacher should read right? Lately all I've been reading is the stuff I assign to kids and I have literally read all of that about nine times before. I need something besides television to amuse me, though I have to say that "Lost" and "Top Chef" have been the bright spots of this dreadful winter!

Cute note about Hunter: He earned his second stripe on his green striped belt and his favorite new book is Five Little Monkeys Play Hide and Seek. I will be registering Hunter for kindergarten on Monday. He will be at Cornelia next year!

Cute note about Mason: His new word is "mine" and his loves Dinosaur books. He is also very into cars lately. He carries a car in each hand as he toddles through the house. He also knows how to get himself a diaper when we ask him to and he knows how to get his coat, all by himself, when we pick him up from daycare.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

A Thousand Splendid Suns was very good I thought. I just finished it a few weeks ago.