Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Gift for Valentines Day

I received wonderful new today! Hunter will be attending kindergarten at Cornelia Elementary School in Edina! A future hornet! I have been waiting on pins and needles for this news and received the call during my fifth hour. I could not mask my happiness (not that I should)! If we stay in the Twin Cities area, I will have the opportunity to someday see my little boy (future teenager) walk the halls of EHS. Wow!

We are readying ourselves for another signficant moment. The Valentines Day party tomorrow at Hunter and Mason's school. Hunter signed each and every Valentine and helped me organize the candy and valentines into little baggies. We wrapped Hunter's box in Spiderman wrapping paper. Hunter is convinced that this box is a birthday present and keeps reminding me that he is the "number five" (meaning he is five years old). I have to keep telling him that his birthday month is April and that while he is going to a party on Friday, it is a Valentines party and not a birthday party in his honor. He is convinced that I am wrong.

Mason fell today at school while playing outside on the playground and skinned up his cute little face. I guess he cried a little bit and then was ready for more play. I'm sure this is one incident of many more to come. I have found little boys to be quite rambunctious and very willing to take risks.

Mason's favorite new word is "book" which makes me very happy. He says it very well, adding extra emphasis to the K sound on the end. He is also very into carrying the remote around the house. He is completely happy just to carry it around. He is not into television, just remotes. He is also starting to fight back against his older brother. For some reason, Hunter follows Mason around and makes sure to poke him, touch his face, grab his hair, etc. at all times. Mason screams bloody murder in response. It's awesome :) !

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Aw, they are so sweet. :) Congrats on Hunter's acceptance! That is awesome!