Sunday, November 2, 2008

Since Last time and until the next....

In October, Mitch traveled to Wyoming with his brothers for the purposes of hunting and family bonding. The boys and I survived just fine until the end of the week. I started feeling a bit stir crazy and ready for my husband to return home. Sadly, after Mitch returned, it was only to pack his bag for a second, but briefer, trip to his hometown. Mitch lost his grandfather that Friday and attended his funeral, which was held in Wadena on Monday. Mitch is anxiously anticipating his next hunting trip coming up next weekend. I will be staying in Richfield with the little ones and Bruiser, who is always on high alert when Mitch is gone.

We had an eventful Halloween season. I took Hunter and Mason to the Halloween party at their daycare/preschool. Hunter costumed up as Buzz Lightyear while Mason assumed the role of fluffy puppy. Each room had its own theme. Hunter's favorite part was the maze. One of the teachers in the maze was dressed up as a witch, which really freaked Mason out. He clung to me like you wouldn't believe. Hunter was also happy to see his favorite teacher, Miss Nicole, dressed up as a wizard. He pretty much followed her around the entire time we were there.

The next night was Halloween. Together, Mitch and I traveled to our friends' homes in the neighborhood. We saw Keith and Jessica and their two little "pumpkins" and Wade and Kelly and their Kobe, who was "happily" wearing his piggie costume. After visiting with friends, I brought Mason home and Mitch continued around the neighborhood with Hunter. They came home soon after- Hunter became frightened by the dark. He was completely happy to come home and hand out candy. He demanded that the trick-or-treaters who knocked on our door say "Happy Trick-or-Treat."

Saturday brought our Halloween escapades to a close. Hunter was allowed to wear his costume to karate. Watching all the little kids do their karate while costumed as various characters- a fireman, batman, a fairy princess among them- was too cute! Following karate, Hunter, Mason, and I drove to Savage to visit Auntie Sarah, who treated Hunter literally to BAGS of candy.

New details about our growing little boys-
Mason is learning to walk. Each day he takes more steps unsupported by the couch or ottoman, etc. He has a number of words- "Hunter," "No," "Ball," etc. He points to everything and jabbers. He still has a winning smile and kissable cheeks! He also now has a voracious appetite and has mastered a high pitch scream, which he uses when I cannot get food on his tray fast enough.

Hunter now loves to draw and is able to draw pretty impressive pictures of Buzz Lightyear now. He also loves "There Was an Old Lady" books. I was able to check out every single one at the library and Hunter was thrilled. We read them every night.

Work is just okay. I have stacks and stacks and stacks of student papers to read and grade. I could be doing that now, but I won't. I'd rather just dwell in the fact that I should do it.

2 comments:

The Bormann Family said...

I figured procrastination would no longer exist once the elusive graduate degree was completed. I guess the battle continues...

Kellie said...

Mason was by far the cutest little puppy dog I've ever seen. And Hunter was a very good looking Buzz Lightyear. They are just so cute!