Friday, November 14, 2008

Teacher's Note

So, when I picked the boys up from daycare today, I was greeted with two "accident" forms, which is standard procedure when a little one scrapes a knee or bumps his head, etc. I learned from these two forms, both provided by Mason's teacher, that Mason is starting to assert himself. At 10 a.m. this morning, "Mason bit another child on the back." At 12:25 p.m. "Mason laid on top of another child when she bit him." This actually gave me quite the laugh! The thought of my sweet, precious baby initiating a "baby brawl" was quite funny. I can't believe how early it starts. Mason has already initiated some wrestling matches with Hunter. Hunter is still gentle but can be a little protective of his toys, especially the ones he would never play with except when within Mason's reach.

I took Hunter on a date tonight. It didn't go well. I might actually write a letter of complaint to "someone." I find it ridiculous that the theaters did not begin the actual movie at the start time specified in the papers. By the time the movie started, Hunter had eaten most of his snack and had enjoyed enough animation from previews to keep him happy until early 2009. We saw about half of "Madagascar 2." I was able to convince Hunter to sit still for about twenty minutes and then gave up. When I asked if he was ready to go home, he happily dressed himself in his winter coat and we were on our way. Now my complaint really is with the previews at a children's movie. I understand that previews are fine and good for adults that can sit still. But for a four-year-old who is anxious to see the movie promised, not so much.

Good news on the workout front- I worked out four days in a row this week. That hasn't happened since sometime this summer, before I sprained my ankle and quit for a couple months. My friend Jodi and I have decided to train for a full triathlon this summer-- she thinks the only way we'll actually train is if we commit to a full race instead of the sprint. She fears we would just try to "wing it" on race day. She's probably right. She also says that we can no longer brag about our having completed a triathlon in 2003. She's probably right about that too.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Nice job on the workouts! Wish I could say the same! I'll be downstairs biking it this week! :)