Monday, November 24, 2008

A Little Gentleman

Hunter surprises me sometimes. His tantrums can leave me speechless but sometimes he reveals his "inner gentleman." Yesterday after battling over what to buy at Rainbow Foods and how many "special prizes" should really be a part of our purchase, Hunter, as I was paying for our cart of groceries, started bagging the food with no prompting from me. The store clerk actually commented on "my little helper." To add to the charm of the situation, Hunter did not even realize his degree of cuteness. A colleague recently shared with me the following. She said that little girls are cute but oftentimes know (are fully aware of) how cute they are. What's so amazing about boys is that they are desperately adorable and do not really know it. For example, his new saying is "oh, nevermind." Now, you would probably have to be there but to hear that little voice declare "oh, nevermind" makes my heart melt. Also, Hunter wrote his first letter to Santa Claus yesterday. He would like the following, according to his letter, which I wrote following his direction: a fourwheeler, a snowmobile, Incredible Hulk gloves, Heroes (Mitch and I had to guess regarding that one while we were shopping recently), and, in Hunter's words, "that monster thing." He signed his name to it and we set it outside for Santa. Santa is already off to a good start for this Christmas season!

"Santa" is struggling regarding Mason, however. What do you buy for a baby who has so many toys at his fingertips and who wouldn't know either way if he got one present or one hundred? Because bathtime is a favorite time of day for our little Mason Man, we have purchased a number of bath toys that can entertain between the hours of 5:30 and 6:00 p.m. Also, I do see "new pants" in Mason's future. The child is growing so fast, we can hardly keep up in the clothing department.

Some new news in the Mason department- THE KID CAN WALK! Mitch does a great impression of Mason's walking skills. It's hilarious! Mason has also mastered the following words: "NO NO NO NO NO." He can also say "Bruiser" "ball" "Mama" adn "Dada."

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I had the wonderful opportunity Sunday to get to see Mitch's impression on Mason's walk. Too funny! Can't wait to see it. I'll have to come over to see his waddle! :)