Friday, November 28, 2008

A Graceful Exit

Happy Thanksgiving! Happy shopping!

Mitch and I, along with Hunter and Mason, celebrated Thanksgiving in Elk River at Mitch's sister Missi's house along with his brother Mike and brother Dennis and their kids and wives. Hunter learned a new game- Wii Bowling- which he loved so much he threw the worst tantrum we've seen in a long time when we had to leave in the evening (hence the title of this entry). I think he screamed for about thirty minutes straight! I will say that Hunter was extremely worn out from an intense day of sharing and playing and eating, etc. Mason was extremely quiet through the storm, which in retrospect, is something I was very thankful for :).

I did get out of the house for about an hour and a half this morning with the boys for a little crazy shopping. Target actually wasn't so bad. I was able to snag two DVDs for a total of ten dollars and purchased my nephew Hudson's Christmas gift and my friend Jodi's son's birthday gift. It was fun to be a part of the biggest shopping day of the year, though I doubt I'll head out again today with the boys even though all of my shopping instincts are working in full force. We have a birthday party this afternoon and plan to put up our Christmas decorations tomorrow. I also bought some hanging snowflakes that I attempted to untangle from the box when we returned home. I am going to let Mitch figure that out. Wouldn't want to fly into a rage myself. I tend to overreact sometimes :) ! I'll keep everyone updated regarding our holiday decorating party. While in my mind I envision a cozy experience of putting up the tree and stringing lights, etc. Mitch and I usually end up fighting. We don't always see eye to eye regarding how things should be done.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

If Hunter wants to play our Wii bowling he is always invited to come on over! :)