Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Love is in the Air

I had the pleasure of watching my boys try to impress a girl today. We were at the "cool stairs" park (not the "snail park" or "rainbow park"), as we have lovingly named it. As Mason and Hunter played with the super cool water fountain (yep, just a water fountain), a little girl and her grandmother stopped by. For awhile, Mason just stared at her and Hunter climbed to the highest point of the jungle gym, announcing to the world how "big" he is. However, soon after, Hunter created an elaborate Star Wars game. He had two light sabers, Serenity (the little girl's name) had one, and Mason was of course assigned the role of "monster." And I tell you what, Mason embraced that role. He felt compelled to roar in the little girl's face any chance he had. He also thought it his duty to tell her to "go away" multiple times, only to then follow her wherever she went. I could tell that even for those brief twenty minutes, Mason was in love.

Speaking of love... it seems that my friend's little girl, Reagan, likes Hunter just a little bit. I told my friend yesterday that someday the following will probably happen: Mason will be totally in love with Reagan and Reagan will be totally in love with the older and more worldy Hunter. Mason will be heartbroken of course and Hunter will... who knows. I have no idea as I only had sisters and have never really understood men. The pet name that was being thrown around yesterday during dinner between Hunter and Reagan- "macaroni!"

No comments: