Monday, July 20, 2009

Hunter Pants Update



This is a picture from Hunter's fifth birthday party in early May. I selected it because Hunter went through a stage where he didn't smile naturally for the camera. All kids seem to go through that stage and Hunter's just ended. He'll smile naturally but now actually turns his back on the camera. I wonder when that stage will end.

Hunter had his adenoids removed and ear tubes placed in late June, which has completely restored his hearing. His speech is very clear now and he doesn't seem as nervous about answering questions. I would imagine that his hearing loss made conversations very difficult for him. I'm so happy that when he enters kindergarten, he won't have problems hearing his teacher and classmates. In regards to kindergarten, Hunter is putting up a fight. He informs people when they inquire about kindergarten that he "just wants to stay home with mommy." I'm sure once he gets there and meets new friends, he'll love it. Right now, he seems very nervous.

Hunter loves his Wii Star Wars game so much that I have to incentivise the crap out of it. "Okay, Hunter... after you play with toys, play outside, do your workbook, etc..... you can play your game." "Hunter, if you don't stop messing with Mason's hair, I'll put the Wii controllers away." On and on and on.

I took Hunter and Mason to the Children's Museum last week and Hunter absolutely loved it. Because he loves dinosaurs, I'm thinking of trying to take him to the Science museum before school begins in the fall.

Hunter's Favorite book- Star Wars of course! I taught him how to "dog ear" a page to mark his place. He thought that was pretty cool.

Hunter loves to swim in lakes. If I allow him to play freely, he is very brave. The second I try to teach him how to swim, he is scared to death. I need to get him enrolled in swimming lessons but am afraid that he won't want to do it. Hunter is also a very fast runner and a strong climber. We discovered a very cool park yesterday. Lake Minnetonka Regional Park has the coolest, most elaborate play system I have seen. Hunter went wild and had so much fun!

Hunter was so excited about Mitch's surprise birthday ice cream cake that he spilled the beans the second Mitch walked in the door. "Dad! We bought you a cake. It's a surprise. We put it in the freezer!"

Hunter's favorite color is "red." Just like Mitch.

Hunter insists that Darth Vader is a good guy because he "turns good" in the end. Hunter has a red light saber just like Darth Vader but again, Hunter insists that he is one of the good guys. Hunter also likes to pretend he is Hans Solo.... Hunter actually has three light sabers- purple, blue, and red. He asked this morning for a Star Wars "gun" because Princess Leia has one. I'm not crazy about guns and I'm not crazy about adding more toys for the millions we already have. I told him to put it on his "Santa list." So, we begin talking about Christmas already, in July.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

He's such a ham! Love it! :)