Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We Still Like Each Other

Yesterday, Mitch and I "played hooky" from our jobs- I requested a compensatory day and Mitch took the day off (sort of- we both went to the club for about two hours- I worked out; Mitch made a sale) and went on a day-long date. I am always amazed at how well we get along when it's just the two of us. Of course, I would never begrudge my children the time we spend with them (or anything for that matter), but it is nice to revisit, every once in awhile, why Mitch and I are together. There was a point in time when it was just the two of us and we were together because we "liked" each other :)! It was nice to see each other as human beings rather than the other parent. It was nice to have a day to see that we are actually more than two people raising children together. We are friends, among other things. We went out to lunch at Pei Wei, which Kelly recommended, and then went to "Quantum of Solace," which I reluctantly agreed to but enjoyed nonetheless. Man, Daniel Craig is one "bad ass" James Bond! He's my favorite Bond by far (I'm losing focus here). We did a little Christmas shopping and then the day was done. The time went too fast but I really had a fun day with my husband. I love you Mitch!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

So cute! :) Did you like Pei Wei. I love it. In fact I am now craving their Japanese teriyaki bowl w/ chicken. YUMMMMMM!!!!!