Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Honest Truth

Being a parent is difficult. Look at my previous post and you'll see I was unable to muster the energy to explain the play-by-play that led to my dragging my oldest son out of McDonalds by his coat. I will say- I had no other option. What is a mother to do when she's trying to safely get two children across the parking lot and into the car? I will also say- I was able to hold it together during my child's entire temper tantrum. Anyone watching, though, would've said I had also lost my mind. Picture this: a woman laughing as she's wrestling with a fifty pound boy in the parking lot and also trying to keep the two-year-old from running headlong into a moving vehicle. As I was laughing, here is what I was thinking: "This is my life.... yes, this is my life." And I love my life and I love my children but I will shout from the rooftops that there is nothing easy about raising children. I guess there is one easy thing- loving them. The rest of it is hard.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear that. Good post though. :)