Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hey, I Thought Books Had All the Answers

This morning, in an effort to teach Hunter to love his brother and treat him with respect, referenced The Chronicles of Narnia during a displine session. "Hunter, remember, Peter (from C of N) is the oldest brother and his job is to protect his brother and sisters, right?" Bright blue eyes stare at me, unblinking. "Hunter, you're the oldest. You should act like Peter and protect your brother, love him, be nice to him." Hunter ponders this for about a milisecond and then gives me a self-assured and mischievous smile. "No." That was his answer.

3 comments:

The Bormann Family said...

Very nice attempt:)

Sarah said...

LOL! He will come around some day. Just think back to how you felt about me at that age! :)

Josh and Rya said...

My son needs the same lesson. He never cuts his little sister any slack!