Saturday, February 20, 2010

Finally started....

It's amazing how long it takes to get in shape and how quickly you can lose all that hard work! Until Christmas, I was working out fairly regularly but when Christmas hit, something snapped and I just all out quit. Looking forward to what this year has in store, I feel like I need to get back on the wagon. Last week was the first week I really worked it! :) Walking on the treadmill Sunday and Monday (some running), spin on Wednesday followed by a run, and then an outside run on Thursday (about four miles or so). The good news: I have immediately noticed a difference in how my clothes feel and fit on my body! The not so good news: I guess I have to keep it up. In a couple weeks I may participate in a spin class that is dead set on setting a world record! I think the goal is 2000 people for 2 hours or something like that. I will probably do one full-distance triathlon. I will definitely run the 10 mile (women run the cities) and perhaps the 1/2 marathon- Monster Dash. My friend Jodi and I might top off the year with a trip to Vegas in December for the Rock-n-Roll marathon. It sounds like I'm really committing myself, huh!?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You are so ambitious. I wish I was more like you!!

Kellie said...

Damn girl! Wade is pumped about doing tri's this year. He's got to do something to get rid of all his energy and since I've put the stop on any far away motorcycle races this is his answer. Sounds good to me!

Simply Stacie said...

Following you from Follow Me Fridays!

http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com/