Thursday, January 28, 2010

Put my foot in my mouth

While I was completely within my right to react, I probably should have counted to ten and taken three deep breaths. Mitch e-mailed me at work today with the grand news that he is working both Saturday and Sunday...ALL DAY! After I read his e-mail, I scrolled down and read the message that his boss had sent to Mitch's team. At the end of his e-mail was a line that read something like this: "Feel free to forward on to your friends and family that you are busy this weekend." RAGE boiled within my chest. I quickly zapped off an e-mail to Mitch that read something like this: "Since _____ encouraged you to forward his e-mail onto friends and family, feel free to send him my response...." The ..... I'll leave to your imagination. I really didn't say anything too bad, but I think I made my point. Anyway, shortly after sending off that e-mail, Mitch's boss e-mailed me at work with his apologies. Of course, I felt quite the ASSHOLE but also pleased with myself. I am currently in the midst of grading around 200 essays (all of which need to be graded by end of the day Monday). I am currently taking care of/raising two little boys and oftentimes go it alone. I am tired of my husband's job dictating how our family life functions. Will my sarcastic e-mail to his boss change anything, probably not...but at least he knows that I know that this is TRULY RIDICULOUS!

No comments: