Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Highlights

Friday night- my sister Sarah treated me to dinner and drinks in celebration of my 32 years on this Earth! As always, there was plenty of laughter and silliness. We drank wine and ate yummy food at the Cheesecake Factory and then headed to Barnes and Noble where we each purchased a book. I started mine immediately upon returning home. Jodi Piccoult's Handle With Care. It's a page turner!

Saturday- I spent the first five hours of the day alone with the boys. They were actually quite pleasant. I was able to play with the boys, clean the house, and even read a little bit before Mitch returned home. At 3 p.m. Mel and Brianna arrived to babysit the boys. Mitch and I made our way to Penn Cycle where we learned that my new road bike was not quite ready. So we raced home, grabbed our regular bikes and then headed up to Lake Harriett, where we road. We circled Harriett, Calhoun, and traveled quite far on the Midtown Greenway before we turned around. Sweaty and covered in dirt, we headed to Sandy's Tavern in Richfield where we enjoyed the World's Greatest Hamburger- literally! I totally agree! I don't think I've ever enjoyed a hamburger so much! Afterwards, we went home, showered, and then met Sarah and Tyler at Southdale AMC for a movie- "Angels and Demons." I had read the book six years ago, so I was anxious to see how the story would translate on the big screen. It was entertaining.

Sunday- I spent the first four hours of the day alone with the boys so Mitch could work. We went to Target and purchased some essentials and non-essentials. When we got home, we found Bruiser having a seizure. He had gotten sick on the couch and the floor so we had a lot to clean up. Luckily, this seizure did not last very long at all. This afternoon, we set up our little pool in the backyard and ran through the sprinkler. Hopefully I got some sun on my face, arms, and legs. It's truly shocking how snow white my skin is right now! Tonight after dinner I ran 3.1 miles in 30 minutes. Not too bad! 10 minute mile is really good for me, at least right now.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! What day is your b-day? I didn't even know! Happy b-day!!!

Beth said...

Birthday was the 25th of May. Hope you had a great birthday Kellie!