Sunday, May 3, 2009

It was a Zoo at the Zoo Today

I woke up this morning with big plans. I knew that I had quite the day ahead of me--Mitch and his brother and nephew had a full day of work on the siding-- and the boys were under my watchful eye. I decided an outing to the Minnesota Zoo would be just the ticket. So we packed up and were out the door by 9:30 a.m. We stopped by Target on our way to Apple Valley. We each, Hunter, Mason, and I, purchased a new pair of sunglasses. Hunter opted for Transformer sunglasses which he refused to take off, even in the darker exhibits. Mason grabbed the Hot Wheels sunglasses and I a pair of flashy gold ones. Upon entering the zoo, I decided that our family needed to become Zoo members so I paid the 85 bucks, knowing full well that trips to the zoo will be plentiful this summer. We visited every single exhibit. Hunter's favorite was the shark tank and the puma, which was eating a cantaloupe. Hunter thought that was quite funny. Mason was pretty much stroller bound the whole four-hour trip, though I did free him a couple times, once to play on activity equipment and again to play in the Farm area. We enjoyed pizza for lunch. Well, actually Hunter and Mason enjoyed pizza and for some reason, I just couldn't stomach it. I waited until we returned home at 2:30 p.m. to eat lunch. Mason stayed awake the whole trip, that is until we were about two blocks away from home. That made putting him down for a nap a bit tricky. He did sleep though, until about 4 p.m. Then it was a trip to Home Depot, where the boys enjoyed the truck cart and I scoped out new lighting for our entrance and garage. Dinner was from the crockpot and then the night really began. Mitch cleaned up outside and I cleaned up inside, with the boys crawling all over me. Overall, it was a good, albeit extremely busy, weekend. I truly enjoyed the two beers I gulped down this evening while watching "Desperate Housewives!"

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Sounds like a blast! We got a lot done too and I am really digging your 2 tone house. :) Hahaha!

I say, go for the rose bush but I have NO words of wisdom. I definitely do not have a green thumb! A rabbit has already started devouring one of my plants so I'm running to home depot to cover them in some rabbit deterrent gunk. :)