Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Happy Joy Joy



We celebrated TGIF by taking the boys to DQ for an ice cream treat. Hunter ordered his cone and changed his mind twice in regards to the flavor- white, then brown, and then back to white (his words). I guess that is three times. I ordered ice cream in a cup for Mason and really, the cup accomplished very little as Mason very effectively had ice cream all over his body- hair, shirt, pants, etc. Being at the DQ took me back to my high schools days of employment at the DQ in Beulah, North Dakota. There was once a time when one of life's greatest pleasures was cutting the snickers and reeses peanut butter cups in small, bite-size pieces. Everyone who worked there loved that job. Lots of snacking going on.

Mitch worked on Saturday and I cleaned, in preparation for our babysitter. Mitch and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary (which is actually May 20) with our best friends from college, Brian and Ann. We had a lot of good laughs!

On Sunday, I woke up at 6 a.m. and headed to Lake Nokomis for my first real bike ride of the season. We biked 15 miles and then ran two miles. Mitch and I also took the boys to the zoo. Again, fan favorites went to the sharks and the grizzly bears, which were actually "fighting" while we were there. It was really something to watch. Hunter loved it and Mason looked a bit scared. At one point, Mason actually put his hand up and yelled, "Bear! No!" After getting home, I practiced anchoring my new bike shoes into my new bike pedals. I have absolutely no skill where that is concerned and it's causing me some angst.

Not much more to report. I guess I did pay bills tonight and drank. I find that paying bills and drinking really do go hand-in-hand. At least for me. :) Three more weeks of full-time daycare and then we get some relief! SUMMER!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Good luck w/ those clip ins! Wade asked me if I wanted some and I refused b/c I just KNOW I would injure myself!

We ended up biking 18 miles last night! Too bad you guys didn't join us! :)