Monday, June 1, 2009

What I Love about Hunter and Mason

What I Love About Hunter:
1. At his preschool graduation, he yelled across the room to one of his friends, "Hey, look at my mom! Do you see my mom? That's my mom! Do you like my mom?"
2. Hunter's laugh is infectious and his smile is so big and wide it seems like his face might freeze that way! His laughter touches my soul!
3. Hunter gets so excited about birthday parties that he cannot sleep the night before. He knows that his dad's birthday is next (33 is right around the corner), then Mason, and then him again!

What I Love About Mason:
1. Mason says hi to everyone! Mason says bye to everyone! Mason looks everyone in the face.
2. Mason is genuinely thrilled when he sees a plane in the sky. I wish I still carried the same amazement and awe of the workings of the world.
3. Mason can deliver the meanest (and sweetest, all at the same time) glare. He is mastering the temper tantrum. I have to remember in those moments that his emotions are complete and genuine. There is no gray area with little kids.

No comments: