Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break.... not what it used to be

I have spent the last four days of this spring break painting my house. Going into the project, I knew I was taking on quite a job... I just didn't know really how big it was going actually be. It took me over twelve hour total to paint the bathroom purple and seven hours today to trim out the kitchen (and it's still not finished). I cannot imagine what Friday, last official day of break, has in store for me. Mitch will be home tomorrow and only time will tell whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing. Sometimes we work completely fine with one another. Other times, not so much (understatement of the year). I plan to post some pictures after I finish this darn project.

Cute news for the boys- (the rest of this is so grammatically incorrect)

Hunter reminded me the other morning to recycle the cereal boxes. He sang "You are my sunshine" with me tonight during bedtime (my heart was melting, melting, melting). Hunter asked his father a recent morning ago for ten more minutes of sleep. Hunter turns five on April 29th. We have finally reached his birthday month. He's looking forward to wearing the birthday belt at karate! We've been waiting for this for MONTHS (literally).

Mason loves his "blankie"- also a new word for him. He chews on it and desires to have it wrapped around his neck in the morning while he's eating breakfast. My grandmother made the blanket and I was hoping to keep it as a treasure. I still do intend to keep the blanket always but it probably won't look or smell as nice as it could. Oh well, I find it quite cute that he loves that particular blankie so much. Mason also likes to pretend to talk on the phone. He knows how to get a diaper for himself and bring it to me for changing time. Mason is also a mad pointer and uses his pointing skills to get us to do his bidding. He's a natural salesman!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I'll be here all weekend if you need help painting. :)