Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's Snowing, We're Sick---and I'm sick of it!

I try, I really do, to remain positive but as I look out the window and notice the humongous snowflakes falling, I am not thinking "pretty." I'm thinking, "when is this ever going to end"...and it's only January! We've been battling illness for about 2 1/2 weeks now. Started with me and then made its way through our household, finally landing solidly in Mason's lungs. His RSV (Upper respiratory virus) test came back positive on Thursday, so I've been home with both kids since Thursday. Luckily, Mason's case is fairly mild in comparison to what some kids can get. He didn't struggle with breathing or anything like that, but did have a productive cough and a fever. Hunter also came home on Thursday with a fever. Other than that, he's doing well. The doctor I saw on Friday confirmed bronchitis for me, so I'm taking antibiotics now (since I've been sick for over two weeks).

Now as I read what I've written, I have to say, I'm quite the bundle of laughs!

We are looking forward to the Steelers game this afternoon. I'm baking BBQ Chicken drummies for dinner, which hopefully will be eaten willingly by my children.

No comments: