Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tornado Drill

We had one helluva storm last night. Thankfully no tornadoes but my flowers were basically ripped apart. One minute I was letting Bruiser out into the backyard; the next, I was racing outside to collect the darn dog as sirens blared. We moved the boys into the basement bathroom. Without our instructing him to do so, Hunter immediately moved into that crouched position we all learned in elementary school. He told Mason to do the same and became quite agitated when Mason completely ignored him. I could tell that Hunter was extremely frightened, even though he hardly spoke. Mason was more concerned that the power was out- not because he's afraid of the dark but because we were just prepping to watch "Bolt" on DVD. We were without power for over three hours. I hate to admit it, but it was brutal. No TV; no music; no computer; JUST TALKING! :) I did read to Hunter by flashlight. We were able to get the boys to bed despite the lack of light (they both require nightlights to sleep). After the boys went to bed, Mitch and I sat on the couch and drank some Miller Lite and discussed how/why men and women are so different. We so don't see eye-to-eye on some things. Anyway... when the lights finally came back on, Mitch and I both breathed a sigh of relief. Don't get me wrong- we do love to talk to one another and spend time together but if you take the option of TV/Computer - "quality time" can feel downright torturous!

1 comment: