Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Bug's Life (a Mason-focused entry)



While this isn't a new development in our son's life, I think it's worth mentioning that Mason possesses an intense fascination for bugs. This has actually helped my fear of bugs diminish. No use passing on my fear. I might as well embrace it. Anyway. Mason absolutely loves bugs; so much so that he will lay right down on the ground and stare at them. Ants. Junebugs. Grasshoppers. Spiders. Worms. He stares at them. He talks to them. Picks them up between his fingers. Shows them to people. And then stomps on them.

If you want to capture his attention, all you have to do is mutter this four-letter-word: "Bugs."

Other things I'd like to share about Mason today:

He is an expert on chocolate milk and all things sweet.

He won't eat anything (please do not disregard the first point)

He loves to chatter and has a very large vocabulary

He believes he IS Batman (After one of the daycare teachers tried to talk him into using the "big boy" potty by telling him that Batman doesn't wear diapers, he proved her wrong. He went up to her shortly after, dirty diaper and all, and said "Miss Kimmy, Batman pooped)

He loves to play; he has always been very good at playing on his own but has recently starting asking people to play with him. "Do you want to play with me Mommy?" He proceeds to take my hand and lead me where he wants me to go.

He loves the song "Itsy bitsy spider" (lover of bugs I tell you)

When I put him in a time out, he starts yelling "I love you Mommy! I love you!"

He is incredibly strong and has started tackling his brother right back.

He calls our two twin neighbor boys by one name "Carter Dylan."

He is not a fan of shirts. Last night he insisted that he wear his pajama bottoms but no shirt. A little man in the making!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

He is absolutely adorable. He'll be a total ladies man. Our nugget better watch out. :)

Sarah said...

He has such a personality!:) Like yesterday when he said, "It's o.k., I'm fine" after "spitting up" in the pool. haha.

Josh and Rya said...

That picture is priceless!