Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Highlights

1. Hunter gave me an unsolicited "I very much love you, mommy" during our fun day at the Vikings training camp (I also loved watching Hunter throw a football and run obstacles at the camp).

2. Hunter's constant questions regarding my statement that TV/Video games melt kids' brains. "Were you kidding mommy?" "Yes, Hunter, I was kidding." Few minutes later. "Were you kidding mommy? Can the game melt my brain?" I sometimes forget how literal little ones can be.

3. Watching Mason play with his cousins, Grace, Emma, and Ava. He's like a puppy, seriously! Do you know how puppies will pounce and then move immediately into play stance? That's Mason. He pounces and then roars!

4. Mason's complete sentences: "I want to go see toys" (said at Target). "I want to go in there" (said at Edinborough Park on Friday- a rainy day in Minneapolis). That Park tested every claustrophobic bone in my body!

5. Running six miles at Lake Harriet and not having leg problems.

6. Watching Hunter, Ava, Grace, Mason, and Emma play on the slip-n-slide in the backyard on Sunday. I loved hearing their laughter and see all that energy being put to good use.

7. Hearing about Mitch's big victory at Buck Hill. He came in second (out of 2) in his class :)! But seriously, he did a really good job and should be proud of himself!

8. Taking the boys out for ice cream after dinner this evening.

9. Making pancakes for the five kids this Sunday morning. I let them put chocolate chips on them. Bad auntie! Bad mommy! But oh, they loved it!

10. Bedtime- quiet time. WINE TIME!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

It's ALWAYS wine time! :)