Friday, August 28, 2009

P.S. Don't Expect Your Children to Behave During a Meeting

I should have known better. I have learned to expect high pitched yells and blood curdling screams the second I pick up the phone to talk to someone. I have learned that trips to the grocery store can melt down into a very messy show, with a crying mommy and all. I have learned, yes, but not well enough, because today I took the boys into work with me. Because I am co-coordinating the writing center at my school, a project for which we are basically starting from scratch, I thought it was very important to meet with one of my adminstrators and co-coordinator to start talking shop. Anyway... it turned into one big mess. At one point, Mason was lying on the floor underneath my desk scream crying. Hunter kept interrupting our conversation with pleas to go home. Mason hit me (love it when he does that in front of people) multiple times. But, I admit, it wasn't their fault!

It was mine......

I had toys along, but I forgot the most important thing: food! I set them up big time! I scheduled the meeting at 10:30 a.m. and lunch is typically at 11:00 a.m. at our house. I had no snacks! Nothing! Not even water. If you could sum up my parenting in that two hour block of time, I seriously sucked!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Don't be too hard on yourself! I forgot Kobe's food and water on a 6 hour drive down south once. He was pissed off at me. :) I'm a bad mama!!! Haha!