Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to Work, Back to Reality

While I could bore you with the mundane details of the 2008-2009 school year, I will simply fast forward to 4:00 p.m. when I picked my little boys up at their daycare/preschool. Hunter was happy to see me and was quick to not only hug me but to also inform all around him that he was heading home to "rock out." He ran ahead of me to the classroom that housed his belongings and surprised me when he put his backpack on his back, not mine. I followed Hunter to Mason's room, who was sooooooooo happy to see us! He smiled and bounced and was very upset every time I put him down to get his things together. He did not eat well today but was able to eat a graham cracker. Because he's been struggling with table food, I raced to Target and purchased a box. I gave him three! Anyway! Mason's daycare note also stated that "Mason Loves Bubbles." We're going to have to give that a try. This evening was a whirlwind and I struggled to keep pace with my new life. We did manage a walk/bike to the park before bath/bottle/snack/stories/bed. After I put them to bed, I started my school work. Summer is Officially Over!

No comments: