Monday, June 16, 2008

The Bike Catastrophe

Have you ever witnessed a four-year-old little boy, sweet, fresh-faced, and innocent, turn into a pitbull, teeth bared and ready for an hour-long stand-off with his mother? I was the lucky mother who had the opportunity to pick that forty-one pound pitbull-of-a-child up, his legs wrapped around his bicycle, and carry him, hooked to the bike, while pushing a stroller with a twenty-four pound baby boy home after a good idea (bike ride) went horribly wrong! This was after he, the four-year-old, made a beeline down the street (opposite direction from me) as someone was backing out of their driveway. I screamed like a maniac, just to let you know. The woman backing out of her driveway did not see him and my world began flashing before my eyes. I didn't know that happened when someone else was in harm's way, but it does, especially when it's your child!

No comments: