Sunday, June 29, 2008

Motivation

I realized today that my boys are quite motivated by anything gadgety. My son Hunter has always been that way, but today, my nine-month-old son Mason crawled on all fours (first time I've really seen him do it) across a room to grab a controller for Playstation 2. He's so into cords right now too. Lamp cords. TV cords. Anything dangerous is just fine with him! I recall this being the case a few years ago with Hunter, and now, here we are again. It's fun and exhausting all at the same time.

As we put Hunter to bed tonight, I was struck by the fact that he was once a tiny baby and now he is a four-year-old boy who insists his father show him pictures on his cell phone before bed and who knows how to use a touch pad on a laptop computer. I'm amazed by what he can do. I wonder what they'll (Hunter and Mason) be like as teenagers?

No comments: