Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Time in a Bottle"- Mason and the Fireman

If I could save time in a bottle: I would save the moment I witnessed this morning as I dropped Mason off at daycare. Today was "dress like a firefighter" day. And of course we had nothing for Mason, so we dressed him in red and that was that. Another mother, however, was more prepared than I as one little boy was decked out, head to toe, in firefighter gear. Mason's reaction to this little boy's costume was so precious, so genuine, so full of appreciation: "Whoa----- that is so cool!" Mason proceeded to circle the boy and then sit right next to him and stare. To Mason, this little firefighter was a celebrity. Mason was completely awestruck! My reaction to his reaction was also "Whoa-----that is so cool" but of course, I didn't show it the way my beautiful little son did. As adults, we are so good at remaining unaffected or looking like we are unaffected. Today I appreciate that both of my sons still cry freely, still stare at super-cool things, and still express their amazement at the little things in life!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So sweet, and well said :)