Monday, August 15, 2011

Sleepless Nights

I slept exactly one hour last night. I will blame it on the book I'm reading, one that was recommended to me by my mom. The title of the book is Sarah's Key, which has its backdrop the Vel D'Hiv, a massive roundup of Jewish people, mostly children, by the French police in France in 1942. It has been a very moving read, but I think I was so troubled by the true brutality suffered that I couldn't get my mind relaxed enough to sleep. So, I slept from 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. Then got up for a technology class that I had put off taking until now. By the time I came home, I was not functioning to say the least. Thankfully my husband moved some clients around so he could be with the boys while I rested. I was able to tack another hour on. I guess I won't read before bed tonight and I guess I'll medicate myself to ensure that I fall asleep.

Funny thing- I had intended this post to be about the fun summer we've had. I guess you'll have to stay tuned for that. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: