Sunday, July 13, 2008

Through New Eyes

I had the opportunity this afternoon to view my two sons through new eyes. My husband and I, along with Hunter and Mason, attended a work function at his boss's father-in-law's home in Medina (quite the house, by the way!). Hunter was thrilled by the sight of the pool in the backyard and spent the majority of his time working the water. Hunter became more comfortable in the water the longer he was in it. He even used a water noodle and kicked his way around the pool. You can only imagine how intensely nervous I felt. I really was beside myself, as I had Mason on my lap, who was more than happy to stay snuggled up to his mommy, and was concerned that Hunter would get nervous, or go under, and we, his parents, wouldn't be able to get to him quick enough. All was well, despite my nervousness. Anyway... to capture the point I wanted to make. Many of the individuals at the party commented on Hunter's muscular body. Already at four-years-old, Hunter has broad shoulders, muscular arms, and abs (for goodness sakes). I imagine he will be quite an athlete. And girls beware! He is a flirt, as is Mason! He also has the most joyful attitude. He bonded with many of the guys that Mitch works with. He played water basketball, etc. with them and fit right in. Mason debuted his flirtatious self the other night at karate and has been going strong ever since! Today at the party many of the women commented on Mason's bright blue eyes and snuggability factor! Mason even allowed one of Mitch's coworkers to hold him, as long as he had me in sight. Mason even showed has ability to problem solve. Because the area around the pool was paved, Mason, who has recently started crawling, crawled around on hands and feet, to preserve his knees, which are already quite red from all the carpet crawling! Baby genius!

Both boys were placed into bed this evening exhausted and happy, which is one of the best feelings a mom (or any parent) could have. I know my boys had a fabulous time, loved life, and are exhausted because of something truly positive!

Best!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Bethany! I just have to say it again - I love reading your blog. This is such a wonderful thing that you can pass onto Hunter and Mason when they are grown. Make sure you have a hard copy! Keep posting - it is my favorite web surfing page!